Thursday 29 April 2010

Crimping

Was I the only one who didn't have a crimper? Initially I thought it might be something I would use so irregularly, that I wouldn't bother. Then we used it a couple of times in Sue's classes (http://www.madexcreations.com/madex_creations/class-dates-and-details.html) and I became addicted. Now its a regular feature in many of my cards. I think texture is underrated! hehe

This card actually came out of a mistake from a previous card. When I made sympathy cards not too long ago, I had used the mostly flowers stamp and punched out the circle, mounting it on the scallop square. I managed to be my usual clumsy self and get a piece of cheap double sided tape stuck on the choc chip card which I'd crimped. It tore a bit when I tried to pull it off. In the end, I cut around it and and tore off along the bottom, wrapping kitchen twine around it as a feature. I then had this tag, embelishment thingie and couldn't find anything to do with it... well until now that is:

I used the trusty Choc Chip CS, with lots of mounts. Kraft, Whisper White and then Choc Chip DSP. Because the scallop square was mounted using dimensionals, I simply used double sided tape to stick the entire thing to the DSP.

What do you think?

I'd been looking for a way to use it for a while now, just keeping it in the drawer with Choc Chip CS in the hope that I'd finally come up with something!

As I was geting lazy, I didn't have the patience to go out and stamp the mostly flowers image again, so I embellished the envelope with a scrap of the DSP and choc chip punched with the two circle punches - cheeky but hopefully I got away with it!

Have a lovely night and happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I think you're the queen of layering A-M. That tag embellishment found an elegant home.

    ReplyDelete