Anyway, given the array of wonderful bloggers around, I am very chuffed! Especially when you check out Art With Heart's Blog Hop Ladies... I mean really... :)
So now, as a BBA winner I'm supposed to tell you 10 things about me - where to start???
- I'm a dag. Not the closet kind, but the out and proud kind - the one who is currently curled up on the couch with the laptop in flannel jamies and slippers known as "hoodies for feet" - the girls call them my adult booties!
- I'm a criminal defence lawyer who loves her work and the rough and tumble of advocating for largely disadvantaged and disenfranchised people who screw up from time to time.
- That despite being new to cardmaking and the ocassional scrapbooking, I have found a whole new world of people (in real life and blogland) who are amazingly talented and have turned what I find to be a relaxing creative outlet into an artform.
- I love the look on people's faces when I give them a card that they actually like and want to keep.
- That I have an amazing husband who when I open my eyes in the morning and see him sleeping next to me, still gives me butterflies.
- That I've been blessed with a remarkably close and loving family, who although seem perpetually plagued with serious illnesses, are amazing, strong [slightly nutty] and inspirational people.
- That I am genetically programmed to over-cater and find it impossble to cook for less than 4-6 people at any given time (even though there is usually only 2 of us). On the weekend, I made over 100 crumbed and pan fried mushroom risotto balls as 'nibblies' for friends.
- That I love to travel, my current dream trips are to Morocco, Syria, India and North East Africa.
- That I am the only person I know that has a whole spice cabinet instead of a rack or two, but still has a cardboard box of "back up spices".
- My new found pride is that I have kept one lemon tree and a potted herb garden alive for 12 months. This from a person who has killed succulents, cacti and rosemary!
Happy scrapping and can't wait to pass on the award! Thank you Sue for passing it on to me too!