Tuesday 23 March 2010

Mostly Flowers

The Mostly Flowers set was the first stamp sets I bought online (thank you ebay).

I made a birthday card for David way back then. I actually think it was one of the first few cards I made if fact!. I found a photo of it here:

It's all a bit wonky but I was new then ok? (I wonder what my excuse is now? hehe)

I made it using the same mostly flowers set in the sympathy card, but this time left in it's original square shape. The cardstock is SU Always Artichoke and the images are stamped in SU Old Olive and Versa Magic Midnight Black, mounted with dimensionals.

The organza ribbon was nicked from a present I received the previous year, and the black stiched grosgrain ribbon was from one of the many $2 bargain stores that I love so much.

Well since then, I've taken the a similar theme, but played around with the layout. Since I discovered Kraft CS, I've found it hard to move away from - It's so versatile!


I've used SU choc chip CS for the background, and mounted the three images which were stamped in SU old olive and ruby red on whisper white cardsock.

I mounted them individually onto whisper white, but didn't like how they looked too individual and spaced out. So I double-mounted (mounted them again onto a single piece of whisper white) which seemed to bring them back together and created a crisper look which I must admit I preferred.

The sentiment is from SU Short and Sweet, and I embossed in in white.

I can freely admit this one didn't take much time at all. And now that I have the two sizes of square punches, this will be a breeze! A good one I think to make in quantities as it's quite versatile depending on the sentiment (hence why I used best wishes, I think it's a good all-rounder!)

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. This looks lovely Anne-Marie. Love the framing that the double matting on white gives.

    ReplyDelete