Sunday 31 July 2011

Pretty Flower Girl

I was recently requested to make a number of cards by a bride to be. I thought it was such a lovely idea of hers to ask her bridesmaids/maid or honour and flower girl by giving them a personalised card inviting them.

Here's the first one - the flowergirl card (I'm posting tis one because the recipient is too young to check it out!) hehe I will post the rest once I give the order to the lovely bride.

EDIT: OK - for some reason today, everytime I'm adding a photo to blogger it's posting them sideways. So i thought I'd be clever and rotate them in paint - except miss not so clever has just discovered that it's a mirror image. Have nO idea what's going on, but will attempt at some later stage to re-post! hopefully you get the idea....

The card base is papertrey ink. I love how thick their cardstock is. My SU Whisper White was too flimsy. Lovely to stamp on, even better to print on (since its the only cardstock to go through the feeder in my printer) but not so great for a card base. The pink is SU pretty in pink and the white insert was run through the big shot with a cuttlebug embossing folder called [I think] life script.

The little dress I sketched out onto cardstock in pencil, cut it out and used the Faux Silk  technique on it by stamping En Francais in pink on tissue paper, scrunching it all up [reminder - wait till dry!!!] then gluestick the surface of the dress, lay tissue on top, careful not to smooth away too many wrinkles, and cut around. viola - imitation fabric! a scrap of ribbon and some bling and she was done!

I made a second one at the same time for the envelope....

I just stuck it up on some dimensionals as I did with the one on the card front.

Oh, and the ribbon bow was hand-tied. Yes-I-have-exhausted-you-tube-till-I-got-it-right. hehe

Well hope you like it, and most importantly the bride and flowergirl love it!

Cheers,

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card and love the matching envelope. Bet she loved it.

    ReplyDelete