Friday 31 December 2010

My take on those popular Christmas ornament cards

After my wild rambings in the last post, I thought I'd keep this one short and sweet! (shock horror!) hehe

This is one of those Christmas ornament card variations that everyone seems to be doing lately using the Hero Arts 2010 Cling Stamp called 'decorative ornament' together with the Tim Holtz distressed snowflake again.


Admittedly I kept the Cherry Cobbler, Kraft and Whisper White ensemble, mainly because I liked it and just used Old  Olive as the accent green. I liked how it lifted the card. I cut the ornaments once stamped out by hand which was easy enough and hole punched the stamped jump ring so i could thread through the ribbon for a more realistic look. Of course since I was making this at about 2am, I managed to screw up the centering of the hole punch on the red ornament, so once threaded, I stuck gemstones over it to make it less obvious. I added some bling too which never goes astray if you ask me!The red ornament is popped up on dimensionals for .. well... dimension!

One more coming and then I've done my dash for Christmas cards! 

Happy New Year everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment