Thursday 28 October 2010

Love Hearts

Hello again (three posts in a week eh? Who woulda thought!)

I made this card for a friend who asked if I could make her a "love" card she could give her partner who has been a fabulous support to her while she was recently unwell. The request was "Just not too girly or cheesy Valentine-esque". GULP!

Well anyhow, this is what I came up with - and lucky she (and importantly he) loved it! YAY!

Ok, in the photo it looks a bit wonky, but I promise in real life it was all prettied up!

I'm really having a love affair with choc chip and Kraft lately... My stash is diminishing at an alarming rate but Kraft (Sorry, try as I might I just can't bring myself to call it Crumb Cake) is just so versatile!

I've used the SU matt pack to pierce the holes and used the faux stitching technique by running my choc chip marker over the holes. I found if you pause at the holes, it makes the stitching more realistic.


Despite the fact that my grandmother was a seamstress for 40 years, my sewing ability is horrendous! Although, after piercing all those holes (and making 5 more of them but this time with butterflies.. stay tuned) I'm starting to think I better learn quick smart!

The ribbon is the new SU Early Espresso striped Grosgrain which I just LOVE. (no pun intended hehe)
The hearts were die cut with the Sizzix heart dies that came free with my bigshot. The largest is in Choc Chip which I stamped with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye, and then distressed with the blade of my scissors and sponged around the edges to make it pop more.

The middle heart is on SU So Saffron cardstock which I stamped with the SU En Francais Background stamp in the same Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink. The mini heart is from a SU paper pack that the wonderful Sue Madex gave me as a free gift with my monthly Marker Club tutorials. (sorry, I have no idea which pack it is)

A vintage pewter brad attaches the tag which is die cut from the SU Sizzlits Lots of Tags Label 1 series.


I hope you like it!x

No comments:

Post a Comment